Dr. Alberto Carlos Rivas is a specialist Laparoscopic (keyhole), and Bariatric Surgeon in Mexico. He is a fellowship trained surgeon having completed two fellowships in advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric (weight loss) Surgery.
Dr. Carlos Rivas performs a wide range of surgical procedures to treat obesity. He believes that patient safety and quality of life are key goals reflected in his clinical practice.
As one of the largest and most successful weight loss centers in Tijuana, Mexico, Dr. Carlos Rivas has performed over 4,000 lap band, gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgeries which have exceeded the national average of successful weight loss management.
A general medical licensed, as well as a general surgeon licensed. Dr. Carlos Rivas gained reputation early on after deciding to pursue bariatric surgery as his specialty, he is now considered a leading authority on the field of bariatric surgery, including the gastric sleeve, the gastric bypass and other bariatric surgical procedures.
- Bedside Manner
- Wait Time
- Gender Male
- Hospital Affiliations Hospital INT Tijuana
- Experience / Tranining 8 years
- Medical School Autonomous University of Nayarit
- Internship Regional General Hospital No. 1 IMSS
- Residency National Medical Center Northwest
- Fellowship Hospital Angeles Tijuana
- Certifications Mexican College of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases
- Leadership Roles
- Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery